If you spend enough time on non profit websites, you are bound to come across some of these quotes. It can get old if you work in the non profit world but quotes from recognized figures can be inspiring and memorable to those on your site for the first time. If you do have quotes in your brochures, website, annual report, presentations, etc. choose them well. It is better to be industry specific (i.e. if you work with schools use a quote about education). However, this list is a good start.
- “You have not lived today until you have done something for someone who can never repay you.” – John Bunyan
- “Teach this triple truth to all: A generous heart, kind speech, and a life of service and compassion are the things which renew humanity.” – Buddha
- “Charity begins at home, and justice begins next door.” – Charles Dickens
- “If you can’t feed a hundred people, then just feed one.”–Mother Teresa
- “A bone to the dog is not charity. Charity is the bone shared with the dog, when you are just as hungry as the dog.” – Jack London
- “No one has ever become poor by giving.” – Anne Frank
- “You give but little when you give of your possessions. It is when you give of yourself that you truly give.” – Kahlil Gibran
- “We only have what we give.” – Isabel Allende
- “To ease another’s heartache is to forget one’s own.” – Abraham Lincoln
- “When we give cheerfully and accept gratefully, everyone is blessed.” – Maya Angelou
Even if you do not use these in any official publications, they are certainly tweetable. Hopefully some of them inspire you to keep pushing to make the world a better place as well.